DISCLAIMER: All entries in this blog pertain to real work done and products used by Citiloc Systems Ltd. Names and identifying details are withheld in order to maintain the privacy and security of our clients.
Posted – February 25, 2015
Is your apartment or condominium building sufficiently protected against intruders? Below is a list of basic security measures that every building should have.
[fancy_list style=”check_list” variation=”orange”]
- Ensure all apartment locks have been rekeyed after a tenant leaves, to prevent use of the old key to break and enter.
- Protect perimeter doors with full-length security plates and knob/lever guards, to deter prying or damage to the handles to gain entry.
- Install high-security locks such as Medeco locks, which have been tested against bumping, picking, drilling, and other physical attacks.
- Control access to the building with a keyless entry system, since electronic key fobs cannot be copied, and lost or stolen ones can be quickly deleted.
- Allow residents to confirm their visitors’ identities before letting them in with a telephone entry system.
- If your building has a parking area, control access to it with a fob-operated overhead or sliding gate, to deter thieves from breaking into or stealing vehicles.
- Install a high-resolution CCTV system with strategically placed cameras to provide valuable evidence if a break in does occur.
Missing some of these security features? Citiloc can help you with a comprehensive security assessment and let you know how to make your building safe.
[wp_social_sharing social_options=’linkedin,twitter,facebook,googleplus’ twitter_username=’citiloc_systems’ facebook_text=’Share on Facebook’ twitter_text=’Share on Twitter’ googleplus_text=’Share on Google+’ linkedin_text=’Share on Linkedin’ icon_order=’l,t,f,g’ show_icons=’0′]