Small Business SecurityJanuary 29, 2015
Security Spring CleaningFebruary 27, 2015
Is your apartment or condominium building sufficiently protected against intruders? Below is a list of basic security measures that every building should have.
- Ensure all apartment locks have been rekeyed after a tenant leaves, to prevent use of the old key to break and enter.
- Protect perimeter doors with full-length security plates and knob/lever guards, to deter prying or damage to the handles to gain entry.
- Install high-security locks such as Medeco locks, which have been tested against bumping, picking, drilling, and other physical attacks.
- Control access to the building with a keyless entry system, since electronic key fobs cannot be copied, and lost or stolen ones can be quickly deleted.
- Allow residents to confirm their visitors’ identities before letting them in with a telephone entry system.
- If your building has a parking area, control access to it with a fob-operated overhead or sliding gate, to deter thieves from breaking into or stealing vehicles.
- Install a high-resolution CCTV system with strategically placed cameras to provide valuable evidence if a break in does occur.
Missing some of these security features? Citiloc can help you with a comprehensive security assessment and let you know how to make your building safe.
Request a Quote From an Expert
Call or Email Us for a quotation on any of our Services.
24 Hour Emergency Service
For afterhours emergencies please call 604-879-0404.